Watch DIY Network Live Stream HD
DIY Network is an American basic cable network owned by Discovery, Inc. The network is a spin-off of HGTV; while it originally focused on instructional programming related to “do it yourself” activities, DIY Network has since focused on personality-based, documentary-style reality series related to home repair and renovation.
As of February 2015, DIY Network is available to approximately 60,942,000 pay television households (52.4% of households with television) in the United States.
The shows carried over the network cover the gamut of various activities which are capable of being performed by amateurs at home. The current programming focuses on:
- Home construction (Building off the Grid)
- Home repair (Bath Crashers, My First Renovation, Blog Cabin, Kitchen Crashers, Sweat Equity, Renovation Realities, Ed the Plumber)
- Home improvement (The Vanilla Ice Project, BATHtastic, Mega Dens, Man Caves, Cool Tools)
- Gardening and landscaping (Yard Crashers)
- Destruction and contracting (Million Dollar Contractor, Sledgehammer, Barnwood Builders, Texas Flip and Move, Restored)
Programming that focused on other activities and hobbies have ceased. These include:
- Auctioneering: Auctioneer Myers Jackson sells homes on Texas Flip and Move
- Auto repairs, ranging from simple repairs such as adding stereo speakers, all the way to engine rebuilding.
- Jewelry making
- Motorcycle and motorbike repairs and upgrades
- Plumbing repairs including installation of major appliances such as garbage disposals, dishwashers and refrigerators having in-door ice and water
- Quilting and quilt repairs
- Recreational vehicle usage and maintenance
- Video production including taping and editing one’s home videos.
The network also carries reruns of the series This Old House, originally a PBS series about families who had their homes remodeled or rehabilitated, and as recently as late-2009, some older HGTV archive programming, including the Carol Duvall Show.